OEM recommended that gas turbine was at end of life based on operational history and needed to be retired from service, compromising viability of offshore facility.
- Perform independent assessment of compressor/ turbine condition and residual life.
- Reviewed operation and maintenance record
- Completed detailed assessment of asset including metallography
- Reversed engineered 2 blades
- FEA modelled steady state and transient loads
- Verified design life at full and reduce loads
- Validated 6 years continued operation
- £5M capex avoidance
- Mitigated premature CoP
Click on the image above to download the case study.